Friday, June 4, 2010

Hi all,

It is a very exciting time for me. My first novel is in the final stages of being published. I received my copy for appraisal today and have forwarded the final changes to my publisher, once complete it will go to print. WOW! I cannot describe what it felt like to hold something I created in my hands.

Anyway the title is The Sapphire's Promise and is the story of a young girl growing up in rural Australia. Hopefully it will be available via Amazon.com and Barnes and Noble.com in the next few weeks.

Will update blog when it is released. In the meantime I am editing my second novel and have started the third.

I guess I am an honest to God author now!

2 comments:

  1. Saw your comment on Lynda Young's blog. My suggestion is just start posting something, anything at least 1 to 3 times a week on a regular schedule. I doesn't even always have to be about your book or about writing. Look at what other bloggers are doing to get an idea.
    The more you post on your own blog and comment on other blogs, the more chances that you will add your name to search engine entries. Blogging may not help you sell many books, but it strengthens your platform and increases your credibility.

    Please take a look a some of my posts and tell me what you think. Likewise, check out some of the fine folks who leave comments on my posts.

    Your blog doesn't mean much if you aren't posting on it and you don't have a regular posting schedule readers don't know when to come read. Keep in mind that you can compose your pieces and schedule them to post ahead of time.

    I am going to follow your blog to see what happens. Hope to hear from you.

    Lee
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marnie,

    Congratulations on your novel! Wonderful that you're editing your second and starting your third. Wish you much joy and success.

    ReplyDelete